By: Gaurav Malhotra, Healthcare
Following our mission of making societies more productive by helping our customers 'Run' businesses, we hereby are engaging with customers to help ‘their customers’ by running the B2B businesses in a more efficient way.
B2B Marketing space is evolving. It’s not how it was 20 years ago when a marketing email was the basis of branding a product. It’s the Customer Engagement Strategy which is making the difference between who can help the customer run their marketing strategies right! Whatever the sector maybe - BFSI, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Media-Entertainment or Other, the B2B Customer Engagement Strategies are helping organizations around the globe with measurable increase in the ROI when it comes to B2B Marketing.
Although Businesses across the world are using Quality Blogs, Social Media Content, Case Studies and Newsletters as the most effective tactics for B2B Marketing, it’s also about prioritizing and fine-tuning the efforts towards the right channels as we evolve in 2017-18. Here are the strategies to make it happen:
- Quality Content Creation would be the most efficient tool for B2B marketing in the coming year with the topmost challenge being to create the most “engaging content”. Measuring the content effectiveness and how engaging the created content is, would also be a challenge for B2B marketers.
- Also, it’s about creating the Quality Content consistently, keeping the customers engaged, keeping them excited and interested.
- The Move-to-Mobile: The world is going mobile, so are the % of emails opened on a mobile. So, if you are emailing your client or doing a marketing automation campaign, 53% of the emails would be opened on a mobile device. If the business is not up to speed and the emails and websites aren’t mobile friendly, chances are that you are not engaging the customer in the most efficient manner.
- Interactive and Personalized Content: Your customers are important and that should show in all the content produced and presented. Marketers are realizing this fact and are creating interactive and personalized content which is dynamic in nature, engages the customer and produces more effective results.
- Align Content to the Customer’s Journey: Sticking to the core values of being “Engaged” and “Dependable” we need to align the quality content created to the customer’s journey, their vision. Vision of customers can vary from reducing costs, exponentially increase revenues, leadership in innovations. The B2B content created must align to the customer journey and showcase capabilities which can help them ‘run’ the businesses and achieve the goals.
- Quality Video Content: Videos in content marketing are becoming productive year on year. The edge of a video to quickly express the ideas and context in visual mode makes it popular and increasingly important.
- Social Media Presence: With the world moving addictively towards Social, quality content on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Google is equally important (in the same order).
- Blogging it for Business: Another important “B” in the “B2B” line is one which points to Blogging. Publishing the content on a blog is the preferred choice for 45% of the businesses currently because of the ability to get inputs from readers and to overall make the SEO more efficient.
- Apply B2B marketing on the existing accounts: Having an in-depth knowledge of the customers, the quality content produced about the capabilities should be used to both cross-sell and upsell
- Utilize the CRM/Marketing Automation data: With technology enablers like Salesforce, Siebel, Eloqua, Acquia and others, the data can be used to predictively analyze the probability of a lead conversion using lead scoring. The same should be leveraged again to focus and streamline efforts of B2B marketing.
In summary, the pivotal elements of a successful B2B marketing strategy would be an Engaged Customer who is consistently facilitated with quality interactive content, a shift towards mobility and video content marketing, understanding the customer journey and aligning your content towards it and using social media, CRM and Marketing Automation data effectively.